4.04.2010

Happy Easter!

Yesterday we had D.'s family over for Easter dinner. 
We host a lot of the holiday celebrations and I wouldn't have it any other way.
It fills my with happiness to see the childrens eyes light up at the sight of each other, and we are able to spend time with our family.

When we have a larger crowd, we usually set the kiddies up in the kitchen.
This year my eldest daughter took a real interest in the table decor, so she designed the childrens table:



















We made Martha's tissue pompoms (so easy, we'll be making these again), and Natasha trimmed the boxwood out front to add some greenery (she had wanted to fill the little crystal glasses with candy!)



For the adult table we kept it pretty simple. 
No place settings on the table because we serve everything in the kitchen and then people can sit where they like and visit - this is not a formal kind of house!
  Wine and conversation flow freely here :) 



I made these eggs last week - they were the most time consuming project! I printed off some vintage card images and adhered them to plastic eggs with glue.  I don't think I would do it again, but I was determined to finish these guys... I think it would be better to paint the eggs and then just add decorative touches, rather than do the whole thing. 


So we had a lovely dinner, and today we are off to another.

I hope you all are spending the holiday with people you love..

til next time...
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Natasha said...

The poofs above the table looked amazing and the eggs that you made they look perfect with the moss balls ! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...