2.08.2011

a little pretty



First of all,
THANK YOU for taking the time to read my curtain post yesterday,
I was blown away by how many of you commented - so sweet.
 It's unanimous - Roman Blinds got all your love. And mine!

I've been looking at some tutorials,
(thank you, Jennifer!)
and have been thinking about the simplest way to make them - 
I'll show you all my trial and errors :) when they are finished.
Keep your fingers crossed I do not trash any of my precious three metres, LOL.






Today I thought maybe a little pretty was in order.
Pantone loves pink and Benjamin Moore loves citron,
put them together and they form a palette that puts some spring in your step.


J Crew
( okay, this skews a little more lemon than citron, but it's so pretty!)








Nina Ricci
This is true citron as I see it - more yellow than green,
with plenty of white to make it a tint rather than a shade.




source




This home has such a positive vibe.
A darker "citron".
Don't you just love that striped setee? Yummy :)
I am quite sure my husband would never agree to it,
but a girl can dream..






  source



Betsey Johnson.
This has been around for ages, and talked to death,
but I still love this girls style - fearless.




 source




Some art to make your walls happy...



source 1 2 3




A spot of fabric...




1 2 3 4




Flower power :) 




source




Just what we need to get into the Valentines Day spirit, non?




Pin It Now!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just thought i'd let you know that i absolutely love your blog!, keep the prettiness coming, i need as much inspiration as i can fix my greedy little eyes on :) by the way the catwalk shot's you posted on the 8th is actually from the Nina Ricci show not Alexander Mqueen, they're far too tame,girly & wearable to be the late great Mqueen! keep up the good work, i'm loving it XxXx

Anne-Marie @ 10 Rooms said...

ah! that would explain why it didn't fit with the rest of the collection, which was full of dark neutrals and wild pattern :) thank you!

Brittany {Gallery No. Eight} said...

Awesome post! Pink & green is one of my fave combos, and this is sort of a fresh take on that :)

Stacey said...

Wonderful eye candy and a great way to start my day! I've been thinking about how i can add some citron colour into my life. Love Benjamin Moore:-). XX

Amanda said...

Great post! There is a DIY for roman shades made on cheap vinyl blinds...they look great done and easy!

christine {bijouandboheme} said...

I seriously LOVE your blog- this post if fabulous and there really isn't anything I don't love about pink and yellow- pure joy in a combo. Love your fabric pics btw- some new news for me so excited to have a closer look.

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

Beautiful post. Love the citron and pink combo.

GlamorousWhimsy said...

The Sugar Pop Dandelion Fabric just game me a million little ideas. I must own that fabric!

Edwina@FASHION+ART said...

Love the retro illustration work of Lab Partners! So "I Dream of Jeannie".

Elle Uy {SWITCHEROOm} said...

so pretty!! I love soft pinks with a hint of yellow green, much like the artworks and fabrics here.

Designwali said...

super pretty! love your blog!

Designwali said...

super pretty! love your blog!

A Delightful Design said...

I'm loving all the pretty you are producing! Great great post!
xo,
abby

Mona thompson said...

These colors are so fun together and I just love these rooms. I truly do. However, just wondering how long before they will be REALLY tired of it??

Anne-Marie @ 10 Rooms said...

Mona - great point! As always, I really feel that with color as intense as this, you should only fill you home with what you love. If you truly love pink, then go for pink walls, I doubt Betsey will ever wake up and regret her choice! if it's a trend that you simply like, add some accessories, like art, pillows, flowers and call it a day - super-easy to change out later. x am

Mr. Goodwill Hunting said...

No matter who you are, pink makes you smile.

Mr. Goodwill Hunting

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...