11.05.2010

Rosemary's Kitchen - Can a White Kitchen Be Warm?


My sister loves to cook.
We are half-Italian, half-British.
Rosemary got the Italian - she makes wonderful, savory meals out of nothing much at all.
I got the British- I love to bake goodies for tea :)

Rosemary moved into her home about ten years ago, and it had the original, 40-yr old kitchen.
Aside from changing out the knobs and a quick counter change she lived with it, waiting to remodel.
The time has come!
Really, this woman could be a chef, and spends her evenings and weekends exploring culinary delights.
  I am thrilled that she is going to have a better space to work in.

After talking to her earlier this week, we thought maybe I should head down to help her make 
a few picks on the finishes.
We are working with brand new white appliances, Rose doesn't like black or stainless.
She likes traditional. This would cause her to swoon!



Rose said she wanted a "cream" kitchen, then told me she is considering
having the cabinetry painted with BM Ivory White - 
which is going to look quite yellow against her appliances.



I don't particularly like that combination.
I would prefer either a grey-based white or something more saturated.
But Rosemary feels that white kitchens have a cold, sterile feeling 


Amazing White Kitchen Inspiration or Ideas.


and she wants a warm welcoming space.
So tomorrow I plan to show her the warm side of white.
Armed with oodles of examples, we are going to explore how a white kitchen
(with ceramic tile on the floor)
can actually feel cosy!

I'm also going to suggest that she brings in a little color - I know, you are surprised!







I would like to end up somewhere like this.. pushing the traditional aesthetic a bit..





but I think Rosemary will be happiest here, and this is the pic I'm showing her last!



I don't usually request before and after pics from clients, but  this one I will be able to share..
looking forward to spending a day with my sis, we don't get enough of those -
although two-hour phone marathons are quite common :)

Working on a color post to address one of my most commonly asked questions,
will try to get it up this weekend, along with pics of the living room!

Happy friday :)

til next time..


Pin It Now!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to seeing some great before and afters....I love seeing a seemless kitchen where the accessories are not highlighted...I love them blending into the style of the kitchen but thats coming from a non chef.
Have a great weekend.

Kerry said...

So many beautiful white kitchen photos Anne-Marie. I suddenly have the desire to go home and renovate my kitchen... but with one major reno underway, and finishing up the basement, it won't happen any time soon! One can dream! I do hope you share the before and afters of your sisters kithcen!

Have a great weekend!

Abby M. Interiors said...

White kitchens: my favorite! How special that you and your sister get to tackle this together. Would love to see the before and after shots! Enjoy!
abby

designchic said...

I just redid my kitchen and used BM white dove and I adore it. It looks so pretty with my white corian countertops...the perfect contrast!

Seedplanter Designs said...

I love light kitchens, but I do agree - a touch of color adds that special touch. Love the aqua!

Anonymous said...

We are about to redo our kitchen as well. I've always loved cream coloured kitchens. We had our cabinets painted in BM linen. Our appliances are a mixture of bisque and stainless. The counter tops will be black and the floors a dark hand scraped hardwood. I've picked out black bird cage handles and knobs. can't wait to see it come together.

Ann said...

Oooh, what paint was used for the white cabinets in the last picture?

unblocked games online said...

May do so again beautiful ư unblocked games 4u very nice , free unlocked games online to play , whatsapp descargar chat limit , unblocked games , unblocked games , descargar whatsapp gratis

Scot Martin said...

so nice collection never seen before such rare things kitchen linens. thanks for sharing this informationhow to unlock whirlpool top load washer

Johson Martin said...

so pleasant assortment never seen such uncommon things kitchen cloths. much obliged for sharing this data.pictures of sheds turned into homes

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...