10.11.2011

Simplicity loves Energetic Color

Right now I am completely obsessed
 with neutral spaces that use saturated color in clever and uncommon ways,
and if this home by Kay Douglas doesn't qualify, I don't know what does.

Revelling in the contrast of fabrics, finishes and accessories chosen with such restraint-
and then bursts of joyful color, splashed about with abandon.


(Thank you, Verdigris Vie, for sharing this one - I don't usually pick up a copy of Veranda,
but perhaps it's time to start!) 









Amazing how the lack of pattern and accessories can balance out the intense energy of these hues, isn't it?


Makes me want to put away half the bits and bobs around my own place!



Hope you all had a happy thanksgiving here in the north -
we survived two days of hosting huge dinners, 
(23 lbs of raast beef, two turkeys, two spiral hams, potatoes, yams, brussel sprouts,...  you get the idea!!)
and had such a fantastic weekend visiting with our families.

Topped it all off with a fall boat ride yesterday, 
touring our muskoka coastlines and admiring the gorgeous fall colors.








It left me glowing, truly, and very grateful for all that we are blessed with.
Weekends like that are what it's all about....xo













Pin It Now!

23 comments:

Unknown said...

I keep eyeing the first pic. I'm in love with the emerald drapes!

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

I LOVE emerald green. The first pic is gorgeous!
Have a lovely day, Anne-Marie!
~ Wendi ~

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Wow, stunning. It's actually quite a brave move to use no pattern and very little colour but it definitely works. Oh, that photo makes me miss Ont so much.

Unknown said...

so stunning! Love your space you have here! Such beautiful photos! I was looking to be a color consultant as well! But decided to go a different direction but color is a passion of mine! So glad I found your blog!

Come on over and check out my blog colorissue.blogspot.com

xoxo
Aarean

Tobe | BIA said...

i'm with you! beautiful spaces...esp that first shot!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

I love the simplicity, but adding the pop of color makes a statement. I love the raw old wood and the natural elements. Great post. Glad i found your blog.

Sarah said...

What a gorgeous home! Sounds like you had a perfect weekend!

Heather (love your space) said...

It is AMAZING how the color pops and almost vibrates against such a calm and neutral base. All in the contrast, isn't it?

Heather

Edwina@FASHION+ART said...

Love the pops of color but I MUST have my junk.

Rosa @ FlutterFlutter said...

That second picture is AH-Mazing!!! I've fallen for that green in a big way lately. Gorgeous!!

Tatiana Doria said...

Love the first picture with the grey and green. Great post.

Unknown said...

I'm doing a pair of curtains like the green ones in the first shot for my little guy's room- absolutely adoring emerald green lately. Great post!

Anonymous said...

Just discovered your blog...love it. Those images are inspiring.x

Sarah said...

That room with the emerald green curtains and gray is stunning! I loved the layout in Veranda!! ;-)

Unknown said...

I totally agree with you and love these hits of colour. Very soothing and uplifting at the same time.
Thanks for digging up these inspiring images.

Desiree said...

I love it! The pop of colors are great with the calm background colors. Love all the photos.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting! I saw this Verandah in my doctors office a few months ago and have been looking for it ever since. It is inspiration for decorating my newly renovated home. Simple and stunning!

friv said...

What can not be stopped enthusiasts.

kids games online said...

Nice! i like its

minecraft games said...

I think this is definitely an amazing project here. So much good will be coming from this project. The ideas and the work behind this will pay off so much.

Unknown said...

Very helpful advice in this particular post! It’s the little changes that make the largest changes. Thanks for sharing!
super smash flash 2 - atari breakout

Kristine said...

Hi I realize this is an old post from 2011 but would you be able to tell me who makes the headboard in cream room with yellow pillows/ throw?

Minh_Anh_007 said...

Thank you for sharing the article on very interesting and meaningful content. You can refer to some of our services: Cứu hộ xe máyCứu hộ xe máy VespaCứu hộ xe máy quận Kiến AnSửa xe máySửa xe gần đây Call now: 0941.775.222 for the best support.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...