1.28.2011

Color With A Light Hand

Some people love white walls.
If that is what makes you happy, then go for it!
I think color with a light hand can be just as effective in setting a mood.

This is one of my favourite homes of all time, 
and the walls are very pale whites.
Black, white and neutrals are used almost exclusively,
 allowing a huge range of wood tones to shine amongst rich maroon and botanical bits.








Such gorgeous vignettes, non?
I can't choose a favourite!
and the art in the dining area is so richly saturated.. love..

What do you think?
Can color be just a effective in small doses?
Or do you prefer your color on your walls?


Pin It Now!

8 comments:

Layers and Layers said...

Love all the shots ... please don't make me pick just one! Really Really love the way you've presented this story .. looks amazing! Nicely done. Happy Friday, Happy Weekend!

Anonymous said...

Black and white is my fav but maybe I should add some color!

Edwina@FASHION+ART said...

These are beautiful. Crisp and clean. I really like the black/white/neutral of my living room but it's a struggle to maintain it. Color has a way of creeping in somehow :-)

Unknown said...

I love both! White rooms with pops of colour, or bold rooms with lots of colour!

Barbara Matson said...

That's a tough one. I like calm and serene spaces, so I guess I would paint my walls a pale shade of something, not white, that is too stark for me! Those photos were so beautiful, soothing and elegant. Hard to pick which one was the favourite!

Mona Thompson said...

Love these spaces. I'm drawn to so many things. I guess that is why I do what I do. If not, I'd be changing everything every other day!

Erin said...

Black and white with a bit of color is my favorite, (I find it's the only thing I don't really get tired of) so I love all of these rooms!

Unknown said...

Tin tức về hotgirl kha ngan, những câu chuyện nóng bỏng cập nhật liên tục 24h về cô nàng hotgirl Khả Ngân xinh đẹp.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...