3.31.2011

Move Over Turquoise, There's A New Girl In Town!



The eighties were a bad time, fashion wise :)
I know there's a wee bit of a revival going on,
but I've got to tell you, I was there, and it wasn't pretty!

In grade eight I wore candy floss pink and mint green almost exclusively.
It made getting ready in the morning simple,
but immersing yourself in a certain color so completely requires a long break later -
turquoise is headed in this direction for many.

After a prolonged absence from popularity,
mint green is looking fresh again.

It started with the iconic Domino book cover.
I almost used mint green in my own bedroom after being entranced
 by the spectacular Portobello chinoiserie by DeGournay
(I am re-thinking this... to be continued!)






Mint green started popping up on the fashion front...

the soft version






or the way I like it :)



1 2 3



People tend to think of pastels as girly,
and paired with white they definitely exude feminine charm...



1 2  3 4 



but grounded with blacks, dark greys or browns,
mint green is sophisticated, and slightly moody.



1 2 3 



Trendwise, as we move from bright color and glossy finishes toward more organic based palettes,
I think pastels will be creeping in more and more.

What do you think?
Are you ready to re-visit mint green?



1 2 3 4






Pin It Now!

13 comments:

The enchanted home said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The enchanted home said...

I LOVE mint green, always have..must have started when I was 10 and discovered mint chocolate chip ice cream.....haha. You do the color justice..omg, so many gorgeous images above!!

Cat said...

Love your mint roung up! Such a soothing color...and so FRESH (get it...like minty-fresh :)) xx Cat

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

Wow! You have me kind of convinced with the 'mint and black' section as well as the 'mint with attitude'!

Karena said...

Mint green has a nice tint to it and to me does not seem pastel, adore it!!

Anne-Marie, I have a Giveaway from The Zhush I know you will love! Come & join!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

abby said...

Hell yeah! I love mint green. The wallpapered dinning room is a favorite of mine.

Kori said...

I too love mint green, but have to admit I don't wear it often, if at all!

I'm hosting a linkup tomorrow for Fashion Fridays. The new button is on my sidebar. I hope you'll join us and link up! Have a great day honey! Kori xoxo

blondeepisodes.com

Brittany {Gallery No. Eight} said...

I think the right shade on the right piece can look fab!

Edwina@FASHION+ART said...

Too girly to wear, but I've always been attracted to shades of minty /misty green/turquoise in the home. Something so calming and mellowing about them. The mint,black and white home facade is cool and totally luscious! Love that combo.

ms. sarah axelson said...

I have to admit, mint green always reminds me of my grandparents house. The exterior was a crazy shade of bright mint for a couple of decades. Although that wouldn't be my choice for a home facade, it does make me smile to think of it. Nicely chosen images to reintroduce me to a classic color!

Francesca said...

I LOVE your site. I'm sure you've heard that a million times before; but your ideas are so inspiring and beautiful. Such an inspiration for me whether I want to redo a room in my house or if I'm looking for information on the latest trends. YOUR AWESOME!

XO
Francesca

Ashlie said...

I just fell in love with the color "mint"! I have seen some gorgeous dresses on pinterest in mint.

http://pinterest.com/pin/266979084130093421/

Trena said...

You have given me hope! I am moving to our forever house that has mint green custom $4,000 blinds on view windows in the living room. I love the room and the windows and am so terrified of those blinds. I have been thinking gray for the walls since my couches are black and furniture is espresso. So you are syaing it can all work together very nicely! I don't just have to make it work, it CAN work. Now I just have to figure out how dark my gray will be. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...