12.28.2010

Moving On From Christmas to a New Year..




So our Christmas flew by.. yours?
Sorry for the lack of posts but today is our first day with no festive plans!
The kids had a blast on Christmas morning, of course...

The hit of the day was the plastic slinky!



He wants to be an engineer and build solar powered cars, so lego comes naturally :)




She has discovered the joy of reading, and neon hair :)




The eldest darling wore her new ski jacket and pandora bracelet
 the entire time she was magnifying everything in the house... 
"eww, Mum, come see what my hair/tissue paper/dog treats look like"




Days filled with skiing, skating, walks in the snowy woods and travel to see the families..
it was full of laughs and hugs, just as it should be, 
and I'm thankful for all of our blessings.
(and my new Kate Spade bag! 
A complete surprise, from my honey, who knows what I would love before I do :)





Now comes the next part, packing up and moving on.



I don't know if any of you experience this,
 but removing all the excess and then giving the house a good clean
 leaves me feeling ready for the New Year.




Maybe it's trying to find space for the new "things" that have entered the home over the holidays,
 but this is usually when my organizational side kicks in and the need to start cleaning out closets..




Over the next few weeks I am going to tackle some of our bigger storage and organization problems,
hopefully you'll come by and share your tips with us!

Today I'm packing Christmas decorations.
I wrap them in tissue and place into labelled (glass balls, etc)
 red plastic storage containers in the basement.
I guess it's not a surprise that I like color coding everything :)
How do you store your decorations?
Are you still in Christmas mode or have you packed up already?

til next time..


Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like you had a lovely holiday and what beautiful children you have! I am ready for the clean up too, though I am the person who likes to get it done quickly so most of my ornaments get wrapped and put in one huge bin- little organization there- you should see our junk drawers and closets- scary..I have a definite organize new year's resolution!

Sarah said...

I am so not organized right now! Between Christmas and company the house is a mess - maybe I will get started today too!

Sally@DivineDistractions said...

I kind of miss the days when there were kids and their stuff everywhere...kinda, but not enough to go back! I must admit, it was fun to see toys being opened at Christmas again with the grands. It's really all about the kids, isn't it. Your babes are beautiful, and it looks like you all had a wonderful day...love the bag too!

Studio 13 said...

I just can't bring myself to pack it up yet! The space where the tree was always looks so bare at first... maybe it will urge my husband to let me buy a new piece of furniture to fill the space!? {p.s. love your new Kate Spade bag!}

Cynthia Fox-Giddens said...

It looks like you and the family enjoyed a nice holiday. I dig the handbag and the color pops. Happy New Year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...