4.02.2011

mud-room n. a small room that provides sanity for it's users

So there's a joke around here that we have three seasons:
blizzard, mosquito, and mud!

Mud occurs twice each year, spring and fall.

As the last heaps of our (15 feet of!) snow melt away,
the backyard has become a mucky brown pit -
bits of stubborn grey grass trying to hold on here and there,
rivers of water heading toward freedom.

Did I mention I live with three very active darlings and two maniacal chocolate labs?

Read: we are keeping swiffer in business!
If you guys have kids and pets, you know what I'm talking about here, yes?

Amidst all this fun :) I dream of mudrooms.... 


Sweet simplicity.





Charming displays -
loving sunglasses as art.






Custom built-in's and glossy white walls for a super clean design.





STORAGE!!!





space to maneuver...




Skylights!





A potting bench!!

Okay, okay, I'm getting a little carried away..
(besides, in this lovely dream there is already a porch with a garden room , right?!!)





How about a smaller version?





One of the mini showers would be the BEST for muddy paws and boots..




How do you manage mud season at your place?

If I just ignore it, will it go away?
The mop and I have been spending far too much time together, 
perhaps an afternoon like this is in order :)





Pin It Now!

10 comments:

Abby M. Interiors said...

We have the world's smallest entry now, so I can't even call it a "small mudroom." it's a race to see who can get their shoes off first without pushing the other down the stairs.

P.S. I may have found your Suzanni fabric that we love...I'll send you a picture.

Layers and Layers said...

is it wrong for me to covet the space to actually have a mud room? I've always been enamoured by these rooms ... and I love the combo of the hard surfaces with painted custom millwork. I still want one even though there are no children coming and going anymore ...

Edwina@FASHION+ART said...

These are way too beautiful for anyone, man or beast, to traipse mud into. Love #2 with the built-ins.

The enchanted home said...

What gorgeous mud rooms! Wow so many fabulous ideas, one can never have too much storage, right? Love a lot of built in cabintry....then painted a great color, its just perfection.
Stop by my blog..doing a great giveaway, ends tomorrow!
www.theenchantedhome.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Great pictures Love these mud rooms. I totally know where you are coming from being a mum & having a dog ( a rather naughty dog at that). Have a great weekend

Heather (love your space) said...

In Minnesota the seasons are winter, pothole, and mosquito.

A mud room is the one big "wish list" item our new house does not have. The house was built in 2007, so has most modern conveniences, but the lack of mudroom, bathroom storage, and kitchen work triangle leads me to believe the architect was a childless man!

Unknown said...

Oh how I can relate- I would seriously give up a lot of things for a mud room- that one with the skylights is just sooo gorgeous. And looveee that last shot- stunning.

Anonymous said...

Soo necessary. I love these ones!

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

I love the one with the sunglasses display! The black and white is so perfect. Love it.

Fash Boulevard said...

love these pictures. I'm so excited that I found your blog. I'm completely following now, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over a month ago. It's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. Stop by for multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news. Would love your support. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...