7.21.2011

black + white + art + kitchen perfection



Prepare yourself for some serious kitchen envy.




What do you do when space is limited and the views are so-so?

Paint it white, pare it down and add your own eye candy.








Is it hhhhhot where you are? 

We've just cancelled our plans for the beach today because we can't even BREATHE out there.

The boys have been trying to work on the blisteringly-hot-south-facing-deck through this heat wave, 
and it's progressing a little slower than anticipated as a result -
but we gave them the day off, as well.

I lost the battle for having the decking laid in a herringbone or chevron pattern like this -








apparently the budget would have doubled, as it would have involved changing the structure.

I'm really starting to dislike that dirty "B" word!

But at least it's on a diagonal :)










And there is the beginnings of shade - yay!


Hope you're having a lovely, air-conditioned day :)











Pin It Now!

8 comments:

Giulia Doyle said...

Love those herringbone/chevron patterns. I'll have to pin those for our planned deck reno next summer.
Super hot here - going to 45C... Stay close to an AC vent!

Mel said...

too hot, for sure.

I love that kitchen; almost enough to like cooking. Nah, not that much.

In my later years, I hope to have a teeny tiny space, with minimal things and I will keep that kitchen in mind. It's lovely.

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

I agree those herringbone/ chevron patterns really do look so nice. I think it is really hot almost everywhere!!

Desiree said...

I love that kitchen! So creative and off beat for a kitchen.

Kerry said...

Ridiculously hot... I knooooow!!

I'm loving the idea of the herringbone / chevron deck. When B and my Dad build us a new one next year, I may have to throw that out as a suggestion and see what they say to that hahahaha! ;)

The enchanted home said...

LOVE that kitchen image too..fabulous. Love that chevron pattern on the deck too, how beautiful! You dont' see it coming and going either which makes it extra special. All beautiful, yes blistering hot here, so hot I feel like I cant be outside for more than a few minutes.....I think I am ready for fall now.

lisaroy said...

Great teeny kitchen with the glam of marble countertops! Your deck is going to look great. Our temps in Dubai are about 111F everyday at this time of year - it's too hot to swim in the Gulf, but luckily they cool the swimming pools. Stay cool! :)

KL said...

Gorgeous images. I've never seen decking with that pattern before. It is raining and cold here in Australia so I can't sympathise with you about the heat!
KL

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...