7.18.2011

Loving a little pretty...




I'm not usually a huge fan of overtly "pretty" spaces...






but this bedroom, with it's fabulous floral ceiling,
rattan bed, and buttercup yellow trim
 is weekend-house-guest-room perfect,
isn't it?

Just need the weekend house to put it in :)

How was your weekend?

We had an 80th bday / family reunion for my dear sweet Dad,
a neighbourhood party,
and a bbq here with D's cousins...








busy, but the best part about summer is having a chance to visit with everyone, isn't it?

On the home front,

last week Tash's room went from black to white

(and I reaffirmed my love for a certain paint, 
which I will tell you about in the reveal)








and our back deck has morphed from old and weathered to non-existant :)







hopefully by next I will have some gorgeous finished spaces to show you!





Pin It Now!

13 comments:

elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

Love the floral ceiling in that first space, I can't imagine the job of installing it was fun though :).

Looks like you have some huge changes going on around your house...can't wait to see how they turn out.

The enchanted home said...

Sounds like you have a lot of exciting things happening over there! Its all good...love black and white!! And that first picture really is so pretty and sweet. Good luck with all your projects!

Kerry said...

You have been busy, busy! Can't wait to see more of the bedroom and what you'll be doing with the back deck! :)

laxsupermom said...

Beautiful inspiration pic! We don't have too much in the way of girliness here since it's a houseful of boys, but I'd love a room like that.

Can't wait to see the reveals on your big projects!

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

What a busy lady! You have so many projects on the go. I'm looking forward to the deck reveal and seeing your daughter's finished bedroom.
Wendi :)

Giulia Doyle said...

Love that bedroom. My grandparents had a beautiful family room couch in ratan like that when they lived in Florida - oh how I miss it!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've been keeping very busy and having lots of fun! I can't wait to see the before and afters of the bedroom and the porch reveal!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Wow you all have a lot going on. So glad that I found your blog and am looking forward to seeing the big reveals on your projects!!

Ramblings of a Redhead said...

Ohhhh looking forward to the final product!

Rachel Wright {The Inspired House of Wright} said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! :)

I LOVE the inspiration pic- I'm kinda obsessed with patterns right now.

Can't wait to see your finished space! :)


Xo
Rachel Wright
inspirationinspiredhouseofwright.blogspot.com

jacquelyn | lark + linen said...

yes!! I want to sleep in that room and have someone in an apron serve me tea. Just once. That's not too much to ask, right?

Lovely blog <3

Abby M. Interiors said...

Wow! YOU are the busy one, my dear! I'm really excited to hear about this white paint you like, because i'm becoming a bit obsessed with white and may use it everywhere...
xo

vex said...

Thanks your shared!... I hope you will continue to have similar posts to share with everyone! I believe a lot of people will be surprised to read this article!
io games online

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...