10.08.2013

How to Style the Glass Cloche





The Glass Cloche: they have been everywhere for 10 or so years, almost all of us have one,
 and I'm willing to bet most of them sit empty :) I know mine does. 
It was filled with pinecones once at Christmas, but that seemed so expected... 

So when I stumbled upon the Reimaginists versions of the Glass cloche via Restoration Hardware I was a little awestruck!

Who knew there was so much PO-tential in that wee empty space?




If you don't have a collection of vintage keys or rulers lying about, 
how about folding up some paper geometrics and placing them on wooden bamboo skewers?

I smell a DIY coming on...




This, however, is the most clever version, in my humble opinion!
Just another reason why I NEED to learn how to wire lights 
(the mister is vigorously opposing this, in the name of fire safety, lol!)





amazing, right? I'd love to spend a day with these gentlemen, just to hear the conversations...

"Let's make an interesting light.."
"What have we got?"
"What about those beakers and... metal rods?"
"Ooh, and some of the cloches! We could put it INSIDE."
"YES! Fabulous!"

x am
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Linda @ DesignInMyView said...

I wrote this on another's post about cloches... I love them, but then the things inside start to look like they're suffocating. I know, things don't breathe!
Is it just me? :-)

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the stands for your displays? Such great ideas and inspirations

Anonymous said...

Could you please tell me what you use to support the articles inside the cloche? Wire? Gage? Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...