We went to a housewarming BBQ yesterday..
this was, of course, a perfect excuse for the kids to make cupcakes!
I should say for the girls to make cupcakes,
Cam really only get involved during the eating process :)
Natasha and Chloe chose a new recipe, Pink Lemonade Cupcakes - perfect for summer.
They were scrumptious, and really easy - so thought we'd share the recipe with you all..
who doesn't love a good cupcake splurge now and then?!
Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
- 1 package white cake mix (without pudding in the mix)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed and divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (we used olive and it was fine)
- 5 to 8 drops red food coloring
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar (we skipped the sifting and it was fine!)
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- candy, straws for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350. Line standard muffin tins with paper cupcake liners
- Beat cake mix, egg whites, water, 1/3 cup lemonade concentrate, oil and 4-6 drops of food coloring at medium speed for 2 minutes. Place in muffin cups.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool for five minutes, place on wire racks to cool completely before icing.
- Beat powdered sugar, butter, remaining food coloring and remaining 1/4 cup of lemonade concentrate at medium speed until well blended - I thought this was going to be way too much icing so made half, and then ended up making the other half!
- Frost cupcakes, being sure to taste test cupcakes, icing and garnishes on the way :)
This makes 24 cupcakes, if no one snitches any during the process.. we had 22!
These are so cute, and were the hit of the party..
which ended badly -
my little Chloe was bitten on the face by their Doberman Pinscher
which was terribly frightening.
Luckily, she only got a few small punctures and lacerations, no stitches required
it could have been much worse.
Growing up around docile, loving, and ever-patient Chocolate labs
means that my children don't have much of a fear of large dogs,
and Coco patted their dog absentmindedly while walking by, which prompted the attack.
I can't for the life of me understand having a dog like that as a family pet,
needless to say it will never have the opportunity to harm one of my children again,
because we will never allow it in the same house as them.
Sorry for being a bit of a downer, but just needed to get that off my chest - hope you don't mind!
Off to make a slipcover for Coco's "snuggle chair" in her room..
hope you are enjoying this beautiful weekend.
til next time..
Pin It Now!