3.01.2011

In Memory of A Dear Friend

Sometimes people come in and out of your life,
and you move on, hardly noticing.
Occasionally you meet a kindred spirit,
a person who affects you, who helps you grow and evolve.

Back in my teenage days one of my favourite partners in crime had a fascinating Mother.
A hugely talented photographer, she had never lost her idealism from the sixties.
Her photos always revealed the potential of a person.
One of the most endearing things about Barb was that she never passed judgement.
She was a kind and experienced ear for a whole group of us,
and guided us through more than one sticky situation.
She became a dear friend and mentor.






Her daughter and I are still close,
and spend precious weekends watching our daughters giggle and tell secrets.
Barb had been sick for a long time, and this morning she passed on..
I'm quite sure where ever she is, she has a Nikon in hand and a smile on her face. 






Pin It Now!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry for your loss anne-marie. i totally understand how important a role some friends parents are in our own lives. I have a very special person in mine.

Such a blessing to have had that experience and may you have fond memories for many years to come.

xxx

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

(sorry! that was me - little people on my pc again!)

abby @ a delightful design said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. Those friends can be so influential in life and it's just rough when they leave. You'll be in my prayers.
abby

Unknown said...

So sorry for your loss Anne-Marie. Having such inspirational people in your life is such a treasure and I'm sure she'll be very missed. Thinking of you and sending warm hugs. xo

Designwali said...

Oh i'm so sorry for your loss...hold on to all the fabulous moments you had with her and those you will continue to share with her daughter.

Kerry said...

So sorry for your loss. It sounds like you have some truly special and dear memories of her to hold on to! xx

The enchanted home said...

So sorry to hear about this special persons passing...I guess God needs her now, and how wonderful that she touched your life as well as others, and I am sure any one who she photographed.
This is a wonderful tribute to an obviously special lady. Hopefully you have some special pictures that you can cherish as beloved keepsakes of the time you knew her.

jodie said...

You are so lucky to have had her in your life. Inspirational people like that are with us forever. x

Susanne A said...

Well said Anne-Marie. Thank you for writting such beautiful words.
And WOW I Love your blog! Susanne

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...