6.20.2011

Crushing On Color: Sarah from Flourish

It's Crushing on Color time, ladies - yay!


I promised you a fabulous post from a fabulous blogger and here it is - 
Sarah from Flourish Design + Style
has graciously agreed to share her current color inspiration with us....



flourish design + style




It's been some time since being asked "what's your favorite color? " 
The first that came to mind was white. 
Creamy white and true white and any shade in between. 
Crisp cottons and wrinkled linens. But maybe that's just because I'm thinking summer. 
What about a creamy white with a pale grey undertone? 
Now I'm thinking about interior walls and woven blankets. 
Top it off with some injections of crisp blue, and there it is! 
My color crush! 

What I'm loving right now...blue.

The awe inducing Smythe blazers bring a fashionable edge to the simplest of outfits-













I think of bright royals, worn chambray and crisp denim. 
My go to shorts this summer are a short, cuffed tailored pair of soft denim that tie with a bow. 
There's nothing that doesn't look great with these shorts.











These images from Style at Home show a lovely blue,
and just how to mix it in to a neutral interior. 
It appears traditional with some spunk, tailored and crisp. 
It evokes a feeling ( for me ) of clean, crisp and fresh.

So thanks Anne-Marie for asking the age old question, 
the answer to which changed almost daily as a child, 
and to which I can answer now as blue.

Sarah, x





Thanks so much, Sarah!

I thought we may have a white post there for a moment!

Blue in all it's glory will always be near and dear to my heart -
it's such a versatile hue - 
ranging from energetic (cobalt)
to stately (navy)
to perfectly restful (pale tints)
and more...
how could anyone resist it in some form or another?

Be sure to pop over to the ever-charming Sarah's blog,
it's filled with gorgeous inspiration daily,
always very tasteful and ultra-chic,
and sometimes you get a glimpse of her gorgeous home
(which I"d love to see more of - hint hint!!)


Feeling very ambitious this morning, lol...
hoping to finish restoring the desk today, in between consultations...
it's our fourth date - next time I post about refinishing something antique 
please just tell me to give it a gorgeous coat of paint and let it be :)

xx









Pin It Now!

13 comments:

lululoves said...

Blue is my favourite colour too! Blue the colour of the summer sky. See you soon! xx

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Such a beautiful color!!

Unknown said...

Lovely post! Blue is one of my faves :)

Abby M. Interiors said...

Beautiful post! I believe this is my favorite guest series in blog land.

Good luck with the desk, sweetie. Sounds daunting, but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end!
abby

P.S. I *really* can't decide what color to paint my dining room...but I've always loved the blue from your Caitlin Moran Interiors post! I'm between that saturated blue, kelly green, or some shade of white. HELP! ;-)

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Yes, that's a winner.

Unknown said...

I love a little blue too- so wanting a rich blue sofa like in this inspiration shot...gorgeous post and as always, love this series!!

Unknown said...

You almost had an all white post ;)
Thanks so much for including me! xoxo S

paula said...

blue is one of my faves too :)

Sarah said...

Great post! I figured Sarah would choose white, gray or blue - lovely blog too! thanks - :0

Unknown said...

I love the lucite coffee table!!

Ramblings of a Redhead said...

Anne-Marie,
My friend featured this CaveLike house on her blog today, and I totally thought of you! Wonder what you'll think of the space. Very creative. Let me know!
xoxo,
janelle

http://www.fastcodesign.com/1664071/a-cavelike-house-dug-from-the-earth-like-a-truffle#9

Barbara Bussey {The Treasured Home} said...

Love the blue highlights. It sets such a positive tone.

Blogger said...

If you're looking for an excellent contextual ad company, I suggest that you check out Chitika.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...