8.04.2011

dhurrie dreams and a thank you




the patterns and colors of dhurries are always a delight






and you all know how much I love a patterned carpet....








we've seen them used as upholstery with great effect - 

that wee loveseat is on my wishlist....







and this one even works as a tablecloth...






but this idea?  THIS idea is genius....





just makes me want to break out the paintbrush!

If any of your know more about this room, please share details!
I found it on pinterest... isn't that where we find everything these days?!




I'd also like to say thank you to Megan (A Lived in Home) today,
for sending the One lovely Blog award my way -

you're a sweetheart, Megan!

I always appreciate your thoughtful comments around here - x





If you haven't explored Megan's blog yet, pop over,
she's got a great style and an adorable little one, Ava, 
who makes star appearances frequently :)




The color posts have been a bit thin lately, we're on summer hours round here, lol.
But next week I'm going to tackle another grey + color post, maybe green,
since so many of your expressed interest in it, which was a surprise to me!

And, 
the oldest darling and I have been working on a few bits in her room, 
I'll post some pics shortly - 

x






source 1 2 3 4 5 6




Pin It Now!

11 comments:

elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

Loving your dhurrie inspirations today Ann-Marie! The dhurrie fabric on the walls is fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, you're right! Those walls are Fabulous!! I've just pinned two of these photos, hope you don't mind!!

Ramblings of a Redhead said...

Ok, I have one problem with your blog - it leaves me wanting a 5,235 bedroom home with every room a different style, texture and color!!! I'll never be able to figure out what I want! ;) Thank goodness I don't have a home right now! It would be one hot mess!

LOVE IT ALL!

StarletStarlet said...

Hi Anne-Marie, thanks for visiting my blog. Sorry it took me such a long time to respond. With the vacation + recovery time...I'm slowly catching up with my reading list.

Love love love love the wall. And that small bench is a perfection! I might have to do something with mine that currently sits in the bathroom covered with a Cath Kidson-ey fabric...

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

Love these. That Elle decor shot with the blues and reds has been in my inspiration file all summer. Love it. Also in love with the love seat! I'm painting a floor mat with that pattern today! Yay!

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

Love these rugs and have used the, for upholstery as well. Fabulous on the wall. Have a great weekend. Mona

Urban Road said...

Ooooo...I LOOOVE dhurries...and that upholstered lounge...gorgeous. I love all Indian fabrics, I purchased a hand embroidered bed spread in India last year and it's hanging on my lounge room wall, it's of my favourite things. And would love for you to post about Raphael Vicenzi...I agree his work is stunning!
Suzie xx

Grace Elm said...

Ooh I love dhurries anywhere... except (and I know this is so unglamourously practical)how do you clean rugs used as wallpaper?

Abby M. Interiors said...

I think my favorite application is on the bench and loveseat. It seems like the dhurrie is the new ikat?! ;-)
abby

lululoves said...

OMG! I am in love with that wall treatment! Can you do that? I might need to hire you to help me with my living room.

Alexander said...

For the walls, you could use a number of old dhurries. There's also a company which makes custom design, size and color dhurries called Indian Dhurries (indiandhurries.com). We used them for a showroom floor.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...