10.20.2011

The Difference






Some people spread joy.

Real true joy.






I hear from you every time I post.

Yesterday I got a comment from Mr Goodwill Hunting.
One of my diy heros!

He complimented a diy I did - WHA?? Did that actually happen?

Thank you for making my day :)







Today, however, I had to deal with an issue that has been dragged on for far to long,
and it was finally resolved, but not without me losing my cool.

I'm trying very hard not to be bitter, because







and I've learned







My father worked at his grocery store seven days a week his entire life
(giving away as much food to people who needed it as he sold, 
money was really never high up on the priority list).

I respect him so much for the way he has lived his life, 
and he taught us to








and that







But most of all, really, who can put energy into holding a grudge when the world is so full of this




all images via pinterest



x








(thank you for listening, we will be back to gratuitous interior eye candy next post, promise :)







Pin It Now!

8 comments:

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

Fantastic post! There's a profound truth in what you've written, and being reminded has completely lightened my day.
Thank you, Anne-Marie,
~ Wendi ~

Designwali said...

lovely post...hope your day went well.

The enchanted home said...

I love this post. Such a wonderfullly insightful and though provoking post. Your dad sounds one special man and a guy after my own heart ( I too have a real soft spot) and am always one to help out someone in need. Thank you for this......amidst all the 'pretty' in blogland its nice to read a post that makes us stop and think sometimes too!

Unknown said...

hugs to you!

Jo @ In Corners of My Mind said...

Great post! And while I love your 'gratuitous interior eye candy' this was equally beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing and Happy Thursday!

Unknown said...

Love the quotes! Very inspiring, thanks for sharing!

Holly said...

nice message here. it's good to be reminded that happiness is essentially quite simple...

lululoves said...

keep your chin up girlie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...