11.30.2011

it's glitteriffic...

This year I'm all about sparkle...
and the way to my heart is through glitter!
(I've even glittered up the blog header, it's a madness)

Since I've bought about ten kinds of glitter at the craft stores recently,
 and went looking for some clever ways to use it.



So here's a collection of amazing glitteriffic holiday DIY's....




first off, just in case you want to go organic, glitter made from salt.
Not sure how this would do when mixed with liquids, but maybe spray adhesive?






How about skipping the tired old bows and wrapping your presents up 






Serve champange in these sparkly flutes (wouldn't they be cute done up with 2012 for New Years?)
pack some pretty flatware for a winter picnic,
or elevate cupcakes to new heights with this charming, simple DIY cake stand.







Add bits of shimmering art, hang some chichi lanterns (you can also buy them, here),
add a scalloped border (these are from Etsy, but so cute - why make them?) 
or some sparkly love to your mantle...






Glitter in pinks, 
glitter in blues,
glitter on fingers, bags and shoes....






Small hits of glitter might just make me happy every day of the year.
how about magnets or tacks at your desk, or a










Who's going to the store to buy glitter?!!!


If you are, a little tip I picked up along the way...
to prevent glitter from getting EVERYWHERE (unless you want it that way, in which case, go crazy :)
mix the glitter with the glue/paint/etc PRiOR to adhering it to whatever surface your shushing up -
 a LOT less messy and it stays put after.


Happy last day of November, darlings - x




Pin It Now!

15 comments:

heather (love your space) said...

Did you see Sketch 42 blog yesterday? A diatribe AGAINST glitter! She thinks it's too everywhere. Personally, I think glitter is, by definition, timeless, and perfect for holiday cheer.

lisaroy said...

Love the glitter tape and the the glitter magnets! Every holiday needs a bit of sparkle :)

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

I love glitter as well and I will SO appreciate that tip about adding the glue and glitter together first every single time I use it from now on:)

Tatiana Doria said...

I adore glitter everywhere in my life! In clothes, in accesories, on a nice table for dinner.....

Designwali said...

ummm...i'm giddy with all this glitter talk.

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

Love it! Your blog header looks fabulous!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness Anne-Marie. This post was just too awesome. I am LOVING glitter and you have found some of the best glitter-ized stuff. Happy last day of November to you too! xo

InteriorGroupie said...

oooh loving that image of the gifts...

Alena: Oh, Its Just Perfect! said...

this is the best glitter round-up!! I love the glitter present options and those divine glitter champagne glasses.

Barbara Matson said...

I love glitter and never thought of mixing it together first - duh! AS for your header - glitterific!

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

preaching to choir darl, i'm a glitter fan of epic proportions!!

i really must tell you a hilarious tale i heard once - it has something to do with glitter and a gyno visit - will try and send it tonight if i dont drop to sleep during dinner!

xx

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Oh I am right there with you being a glitter gal...I'm pretty sure if it has glitter, I'm all about it (c: I love the ideas for decorating gifts, so pretty and festive!

Anonymous said...

I love this post, especially the glitter thumb tacks - perfect for an inspiration board! Excellent ideas.
Kim.

Unknown said...

Today is a beautiful day. Have fun playing Friv 3000 Games and much More Friv Games Online To play now.
Friv 3000

Anonymous said...

Điểm danh 5 khu nghỉ dưỡng tuyệt vời USA Hoa Kỳ
Khám phá Mendenhall Ice Caves Mỹ
Kinh nghiem mua ve may bay di My
Khám phá Rock xuyên thời đại tại West Hollywood, California
VÉ MÁY BAY ĐI WASHINGTON GIÁ RẺ
Kinh nghiệm du lịch San Francisco Mỹ - Vaness Booking
5 điều tuyệt vời ở Cali Mỹ
Kinh nghiệm săn vé máy bay đi Mỹ
Du lịch khám phá tương nữ thần tự do Mỹ
Vé máy bay đi Mỹ giá rẻ Facebook Note

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...