5.11.2012

console craving


Found this yesterday via the Marcus Design blog. I don't usually re-blog, but this console and the vignette is one of the best things I've seen in a while.






Those lions are outdoor statues! The owner literally placed a sheet of plexiglass on top and voila - one of a kind gorgeousness. I love that their rustic patina was left alone, it allows them to blend into the walls enough that they are subtle, and I like pieces that make me look twice. Placing two large gold vases filled with branches directly on top of each lion keeps the eye moving up vertically. The urn, stool and art add up to perfect symmetry, while the small dish on the right keeps the grouping from being too static. This ticks every box for me - unique, interesting, perfectly scaled and upcycled decor. I usually try to do my own thing, but this is one look I may have to steal :)  You?




Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Love this. I might also need to steal this idea!!

Hege Morris said...

Very nice! Great idea! thanks for sharing!

Abby M. Interiors said...

I saw this on Pinterest today (?) and went slightly crazy in my head. I think it's total perfection. Everything you mentioned is everything I love. Imagine that! ;-)

Barbara Matson said...

I just adore Emily Norris' house in H & H! And there is a home tour online!

lisaroy said...

I do love this idea - I think I might want a thicker top on it though to hold up heavier accessories - I would be afraid of the plexiglas snapping or sagging in the middle after a while. :)

Lisha @ 1house1couple said...

That's very creative. I never would have thought to do that. YOu can make console tables out of anything. I have always liked the idea of using large square vintage suitcases or trunks as side tables.

Unknown said...

Great point about leather repair furniture not standing up well to rough and tumble! The sentimental angle of not messing up treasured wood is also very understandable.
Leather repairs Manchester

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...