10.12.2010

Yea or Nay: Beds Under Windows..

As a compulsive re-arranger (that's another post!)
this weekend I shuffled around our master bedroom..

and the bed landed under the window.




this is a room in progress, so please do not judge me by those awful lamps :)
I haven't found the exact right ones yet and so we are living with
old-shades-plunked-on-too-small-not-as-old lamps..
I have learned the hard way to wait and buy the perfect lamp or I will just be replacing them yet again..



The bedside table are the right height for our enormous bed,
but are going to be receiving a bit of a makeover in the coming weeks.
On a side note, we just added the orange sheets.. which is what started this rearranging madness..
aren't they a little bit of happy?
 I have thoroughly enjoyed waking up to them the past couple of mornings..






But I digress.. beds under windows - it seems I'm not alone



source



I've never placed a bed under a window before, or recommended it to anyone for their own space.
there's the draftiness issue..
although I've been known to crack our window open in the dead of winter for lack of oxygen



and the majority of the textiles then live in the same spot -
so no curtains, or the curtains must complement the bed..
then my husbands cousin seriously informed us this weekend placing your bed under a window lets bits
of your soul escape while you are sleeping, which seems rather unpleasant  ;)





of course that goes along with the Feng Shui principles as well, which advocate placing your bed solidly along the back wall to the right of the doorway..
but with this current layout my bedroom feels enormous!

AND we are facing the fireplace,
with my soon-to-be-recovered chippendale sofa tucked the end of the bed,
 both of which I love..


Have you placed a bed under a window?
What are your thoughts on this?

til next time..
Pin It Now!

13 comments:

Layers and Layers said...

LOVE your sheets! They are very happy? feel so boho chic! I say yes to beds under the window but must insist on headboard ... otherwise there is no anchor ... great pics too :)

Kerry said...

Out bed is directly under the window in our bedroom... it's the only place it will fit. My bed in University was also under a window, I think I've just come to love it!

Hilary Dow Ward said...

You are not alone...beds under windows look lovely...you've posted the proof, case closed! YAY!

Nattie said...

I was thinking of doing the same thing with our bed too!! Yours look totally awesome! It's actually a really really good idea! :)

Choo Choo said...

I think in the right space, it's totally right. Not sure if I'd want it to be a main window that I'd want to open & close all the time though. Love the sheets! Very happy indeed!

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

My bed is under the window as it had to move to make way for my dream wardrobe. I've put up heavy curtains and that has stopped any draught and I have a perfect sleep every night, not a worry in the world.

Sofa Cum Beds said...

The yea or nay beds under windows is wonderful. Have a look at it

Unknown said...

My spouse and I stumbled over here by a different web address and thought I might check things out. I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward to checking out your web page again. best Movies of 2018

as said...

Download latest us independence day wallpapers here US INDEPENDENCE DAY WALLPAPER

Arslan said...

Great post, checkout our latest posts on us independence day US independence day quotes

Abdul Rehman said...

This information is magnificent. I understand and respect your clear-cut points. I am impressed with your writing style and how well you express your thoughts. grandparents day lines

Unknown said...

Cheap Handbags Wholesale You should think about doing growing this web site to a major authority in this particular market. You clearly contain a grasp handle in the topics so many people are looking for on this website anyways therefore you could indisputably even create a dollar or two off of some advertising. I’d explore following recent topics and raising how many write ups putting up and i guarantee you???d begin seeing some awesome web traffic in the near future. Simply a thought, all the best in whatever you do! Happy Grandparents Day Tom Cruise Wife

Unknown said...

I haven't any word to appreciate this post, Really i am impressed from this post the person who create this post it was a great human, thanks for shared this with us.
Screen Protector

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...