11.27.2010

The Weekend Projects



If you are lucky, some weekends find you in a place like this,
with a book, and some spare time..



In reality, most weekends are spent like this..

 painting a shelf for Cam's Hockey and baseball trophies to live on.




 making birthday party invites for Coco's gingerbread-house-making party
 (first one, not sure whatI've gotten myself into here!)
and baking a trial version.




 making one of these


created on: 01/07/09

for over the dining room table.

 the classic white is simply beautiful, but I was considering jute twine,
 or maybe cobalt blue for a different twist -

 I'd love your opinions..

Found great instructions from Jen at Made by Girl
 and she was even kind enough to email me all the extra electrical and mounting instructions
 ( of which there is a scary amount :)

If those all get done today, the kids are determined to get one of our trees up tomorrow, 
so that will be Sunday.
What are you up to this weekend?

til next time..
Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see how your pendant light turns out. I think I might have to put that on my weekend to do list!!!

Cynthia Fox-Giddens said...

A nice weekend for you and plenty of projects to keep you busy. It's all good! I like the colors of jute wine and cobalt blue for the ball over the dining room. All the best with everything :-)

Anonymous said...

Lovely space shown in the first photo. I could spend hours there enjoying a good read (with an ottoman of course...) ;)
Looking forward to seeing how your dining room light fixture turns out. It seems like a tricky DIY. Good luck!

*Tania @ Passport2Design.com

Abby M. Interiors said...

You were a busy girl this weekend! Holy smokes! I loooove those light fixtures and I hope you share the end product with us.
Thanks for your e-mail. ;-) We were traveling over the weekend so I didn't get any projects or decorating done!
abby

InteriorGroupie said...

oooh I adore that first photo! teleport me there! :) Your realistic weekend is what is hapening right now (watching hockey). We have a long weekend this weekend - so glad it's sunday but really feels like saturday! Hope you had a great one.

InteriorGroupie said...

hmm...not sure if you got my last comment - sorry this is a test!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...